Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The After Life

     The book I am reading is still, "The Five People You Meet in Heaven." Eddie is now dead. He is floating in the sky, watching the colors change from blue, to pink, to orange, and so on. Moments later he shows up in Ruby Pier, the place he used to work in. When he finds out he is capable of walking without struggling, he starts to run. He runs all the way to town where he meets a man who claims to be a childhood friend. This man told Eddie he will encounter 5 other people that have been in his life.
     I thought chapter two was a little slow. It's a very descriptive excerpt. Explaining how Eddie feels, how he looks, what he sees. But, it would have been more entertaining to read if the author went straight to the part where Eddie met his, "childhood friend."
     I didn't really pay attention to organization patterns. I did notice Eddie was comparing how it felt dead, verses how he felt alive. For example, alive, he had stiff limbs. But dead, he was incredibly flexible.

1 comment:

  1. Collaboration Assignment:
    Hey Nicole, I enjoyed your explanation on this chapter. You details do seem to show how slow this chapter was, but it is very mystical when he floats in the sky. Your vocabulary and grammar is really good. I enjoyed this passage I might have to buy this book.

    ReplyDelete